Time signatures?

AlexD

Time signatures?

Postby AlexD » Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:10 pm

Hi, first off I did want to say that this program is pretty neat so far. One thing I was wondering though is how one would go about changing the time signatures on the music strip in the program? Prior to this I had been using a program called KTabS with a music box template which allowed you to go in and specify the time signatures to at different places as pictured below:

On MBC the strips look like they are divided into 4/4 timing by comparison. Any help would be appreciated here.

AlexD

Re: Time signatures?

Postby AlexD » Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:35 pm

Playing around with this more I may have actually answered my own question here. I'm guessing that it doesn't support setting these time divisions per say like in ktabs but just relies on using the grids to space out your note lengths across the entire score instead?

jbadmin
Site Admin

Postby jbadmin » Sat Dec 06, 2014 1:43 pm

Hi

The grid spacing is based on the paper strips available for the music boxes, and the spacing is based on the physical construction of the boxes themselves - the same note cannot be played to quickly due to the mechanics of the devices and the 1/4 division displayed is that required spacing, so the finer grid spacing should stay what it is I would say. The thicker vertical lines are arbitrary and are a separate element - I could have them spaced differently, if that would be a useful option?

cheers,
grant

AlexD

Postby AlexD » Sun Dec 07, 2014 2:53 am

All right, that clarifies things a bit, thanks.

The ability to set the spacing for the thick vertical lines might be useful for some people, though probably not entirely necessary. In my case I was going through and transcribing from sheet music scores which had changes in the time signatures so it made it a little confusing at times to keep track where I was in the score (albeit I started dropping some inactive notes as reference points along the bottom of the sheet to keep track which pretty much did the same thing).

Definitely enjoying the program though, well worth the buy. Just waiting on my 30 note musical movements to arrive now to try out a few of the strips.

B13

Postby B13 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:16 pm

Not depending in the physikalisches structure of the Original Papier strips i would like to have a function to adjust another Time-signatur (3/4 or lets say 5/4). I Print out on white paper and so there is no reason for always working in 4/4 because of original strips. I arrange 3/4 also.
Friendly reguards.
B13

Return to “Wishlist/Feedback”