Location of saved PDF?

Software or workflow issues with MBC
soitios

Location of saved PDF?

Postby soitios » Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:06 am

Hey all, I just made music strip and tried to save it out as a PDF. First off, it says it has saved it as a JPG... the help tells me it's in "local storage"... I've searched my entire drive, can't find the file. What am I not doing right??

jbadmin
Site Admin

Re: Location of saved PDF?

Postby jbadmin » Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:10 pm

Hi

On windows the files are saved into your Documents directory in a MusicBoxComposer subdirectory, ie

C:\Users\<username>\Documents\MusicBoxComposer

similarly on OSX it's your Documents directory in a MusicBoxComposer subdirectory.

Though - once it creates the PDF it should automatically open it, not sure why it wouldn't be doing that.

Let me know if you still can't find the files.

cheers,
grant

soitios

Postby soitios » Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:25 pm

This directory exists, but it's not creating any files. I'm not sure what the software requires to make PDFs on Win 7, but it's not doing it.

maestrocaldwell

Postby maestrocaldwell » Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:53 am

Is there any update on this thread?
I have the same problem as above. The composer says "Exported 'filename.jpg' (PDF will try to open)." No jpg and no pdf are created. Searching the MusicBoxComposer folder reveals that no file was created. I'm on Windows 10.

So I cannot print anything, making this app useless until it's fixed. Or if it's not going to be fixed, should I ask for a refund?

maestrocaldwell

Postby maestrocaldwell » Sun Sep 18, 2016 4:05 am

So I just started changing settings all over the place to see if I could shake loose a pdf. AND IT WORKED.

I found that if the "30 note mapping fix" was toggled in Settings, I couldn't get a pdf to be created. So after un-toggling that, BOOM! A pdf was created.

Hope this solution works for everyone else!

ErnestMYDAY

Observation the Magic of Buyer Feedback

Postby ErnestMYDAY » Fri Mar 01, 2024 2:54 am

hey!

I've recently joined this community, but I'm looking to connect with folks who would be interested in receiving a couple of free articles about their business for free. If you're interested in seeing some of what I've done before, check it out here:

https://ibit.ly/let-us-feature-your-business-05

I'm offering this totally free of charge because A) I'm in need of more content ideas to explore, B) you'll receive added link juice without any charge, and C) everyone can use some extra practice with their writing!

Just shoot me a PM if you're interested, I'll be hanging around!

ErnestMYDAY

View the Conjuring of Productive Reviews

Postby ErnestMYDAY » Fri Mar 01, 2024 2:55 am

Hello!

I'm new around here, but I'm looking to connect with folks who might like having a couple of free articles detailing their business. If you're interested in seeing some of what I've done before, you can see them here:

https://ibit.ly/let-us-feature-your-business-09

This is a completely free offer from me because A) I require more topics for my writing, B) you'll benefit from some free link juice, and C) we could all benefit from a little more writing practice!

ErnestMYDAY

Devise the Power of Buyer Feedback

Postby ErnestMYDAY » Fri Mar 01, 2024 2:56 am

Hello!

I've recently joined this community, but I'm on the hunt for folks who might like receiving a few free articles about their business for free. If you're curious to see some of what I've done before, check it out here:

https://ibit.ly/GbWpC

This is a completely free offer from me because A) I require more topics for my writing, B) you'll benefit from some free link juice, and C) everyone can use some extra practice with their writing!

ErnestMYDAY

Savoir faire the Power of Patron Testimonials

Postby ErnestMYDAY » Fri Mar 01, 2024 2:56 am

Howdy!

I'm new around here, but I'm on the hunt for folks who would be interested in having a few free articles about their business for free. If you're curious to see some of what I've done before, you can see them here:

https://ibit.ly/let-us-feature-your-business-36

I'm offering this totally free of charge because A) I require more topics for my writing, B) it's a chance for you to gain some link juice at no cost, and C) everyone can use some extra practice with their writing!

Feel free to send me a private message if this interests you, I'll be hanging around!

ErnestMYDAY

Devise the Secret of Customer Feedback

Postby ErnestMYDAY » Fri Mar 01, 2024 2:57 am

Hello!

Just joined and eager, but I'm looking to connect with folks who would be interested in having a couple of free articles detailing their business. Should you want to check out some of what I've done before, you can see them here:

https://ibit.ly/let-us-feature-your-business-248

I'm offering this totally free of charge because A) I'm searching for more subjects to write about, B) you'll receive added link juice without any charge, and C) everyone can use some extra practice with their writing!

Just shoot me a PM if you're interested, you'll find me lurking!

Return to “Bugs/Issues”