[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5129: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5129: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
Not Finding Midi Files -Music Box Composer

Not Finding Midi Files

Software or workflow issues with MBC
Olificus

Not Finding Midi Files

Postby Olificus » Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:41 pm

I don't know if this has already been addressed, if it's a bug, or if I'm just stupid at this, but I can't seem to get any midi files showing on the import option of the app. It's a rather simple song that only has one instrument (I modified it so it is also in the range of the 30 note) and I saved it directly onto my external SD card on my Android. Am I saving it to the wrong location or is there something else that needs to be done?

jbadmin
Site Admin

Re: Not Finding Midi Files

Postby jbadmin » Sat Oct 31, 2015 1:09 pm

You need to put the files into the generic saving location for Android, which should be covered in this post:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=13

Let me know if that doesn't get you further.

cheers,
grant

Olificus

Postby Olificus » Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:30 pm

Thank you so much, it worked perfectly. I feel rather silly now seeing that I missed that post beforehand.

Ian

Postby Ian » Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:03 am

How do you get midi into to iPad version?

How do you get midi out of the iPad version?

When I "record" where does my .wav file go and how do I get it off the iPad to other devices??

jbadmin
Site Admin

Postby jbadmin » Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:50 pm

For the iPad version, all files are in the local app storage of the device which you can access through iTunes.

This post in the FAQ should help:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2

cheers,
grant

Dr.Rush

Postby Dr.Rush » Wed May 24, 2017 10:43 pm

I'm having the same issue. I have both the app for my iOS device and now the app on my Macbook Pro but when I click the midi in button (on both versions) I can't locate the midi file. I have tried the info on the link Grant gave above so the midi file is definitely on my device now but how do I locate it?

jbadmin
Site Admin

Postby jbadmin » Fri May 26, 2017 1:19 am

Hi

Make sure the extension is .mid, not anything else - ie .midi as an extension will not be found (yes, I do need to fix this). Just edit the extension to fix.

cheers,
grant

jacksoncatlett

Postby jacksoncatlett » Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:37 am

what about IOS...? Im trying to import a MIDI file (.mid) file into the app but i can't figure out for the life of me.

jbadmin
Site Admin

Postby jbadmin » Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:58 pm

Once you have copied the file to the device it should be available, it's via the iTunes mechanism, this link should explain it:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201301

grant

XRumer23Tef

Bloomberg News Today

Postby XRumer23Tef » Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:54 am

Bloomberg delivers business and markets news, data, analysis, and video to the world, featuring stories from Businessweek and Bloomberg News Today.

https://www.bloombergnewstoday.com/

Return to “Bugs/Issues”