Vray VFB Workflow

im.thatoneguy

Vray VFB Workflow

Postby im.thatoneguy » Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:29 pm

It would be nice if you had the option of picking between generating an output path for the Max output or the Vray VFB Panel Output. Best I can see right now is to copy/paste and/or maxscript something to update manually (generate -> Transfer to VFB settings -> Turn off Save File).

admin
Site Admin

Re: Vray VFB Workflow

Postby admin » Sat Aug 26, 2017 1:42 pm

Hi

RPM has management for the vray vfb output pathing.

If you open the Vray Cache/Raw manager dialog, at the bottom there is a group to allow management of the vray output.

Turn on the 'Auto Raw Path' checkbox, and also the 'Force enable built-in vray buffer'. You can set it to vrimg or exr, and also turn on auto split to separate out the elements. I wouldn't use the vrimg2exr settings these days, that is from several years ago when there were issues with direct to exr rendering and stereo output.

The way it works is pretty much what you are doing now, but automated - it takes the automatically generated main output path (so you are still setting up that), and copies it to the vray output, setting the extension. You need to turn off the main 'Save' checkbox in the common params so that it's not saved over (if the extension is the same ie exr, though if you set the main output to jpg, you can probably get a jpg output as well if that was useful, as vray will use exr or vrimg, but it'll show a warning in the pre-submit alerts).

Is that what you mean?

cheers,
grant

im.thatoneguy

Postby im.thatoneguy » Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:39 am

Yep VRay Cache Manager is apparently the dialog I was looking for. Thanks!

ignacio

Postby ignacio » Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:13 am

hi there,

I'm actually trying this, and it works like a charm, I have only one BUT.

When the filenames are created they have a tag _RE that I would like to omit so they have exactly the same name as how standard VrayElements are saved without RPM.

I don't need the RE because I'm actually using separate by folder so.

can be done? is there a place to edit that _RE ?

Thankyou.

Return to “Feedback”