[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5129: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5129: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
Cant submit to Backburner - RPManager Forum

Cant submit to Backburner

jonashansen

Cant submit to Backburner

Postby jonashansen » Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:54 pm

Hey :)

I have a problem submitting the render job to backburner on my home PC on a VPN connecting (I'm on windows 10, 3ds max 2018 and RpManager 6.5) I can find the Backburner manager in RPmanager but not finalizing the submission from RPM.
I'm pretty sure its a UAC setting or something. I have tried the following things:
1. Giving my user full control over the "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2018\scripts\RPManager" folder - didn't help
2. Opening 3ds max in admin mode - didn't help
3. turning off UAC in regedit "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System" EnableLUA = 0. didn't help

my collegue also have the same sestup ower VPN from his home computer and his works fine. I dont know what to do.
Attached are the message RPM gives me after trying to submit.
Udklip.JPG
Udklip.JPG (86.37 KiB) Viewed 6532 times

Kind regards
Jonas

admin
Site Admin

Re: Cant submit to Backburner

Postby admin » Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:23 pm

Hi

It may well be a permissions problem - I'm about to add these instructions to a sticky announcement because it just sorted out two different users of RPM:

That 'failed to write' result means the RPM tried to create the xml file, then afterwards it checks to make sure it existed and it wasn't there.

Try setting the RPM temp directory to a directory you have created - if you edit the RenderPassManager.ini file that is in the scripts/RPManager directory, under [NetworkSubmit] add a TempDir key that points to a new directory you create, ie

[NetworkSubmit]
TempDir=C:/mytemp

(the NetworkSubmit key likely won't exist, just add it if you can't find it)

That should then use that directory (make sure you create it first, as RPM wont) to create the files in, and it should rule out permission issues.

Let me know how that goes.

cheers,
grant

jonashansen

Postby jonashansen » Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:16 am

Hi Grant,
Sorry for the late answer, I kinda "broke" my computer, so ended up formatting and reinstalling everything, and while doing that i thougt about what you said with setting up a folder my user created, så I did that and installed all my programs and plugins in that folder, and now it works!
No problem with submitting the jobs.

Sorry I didn't get to tryout your solution.

Thank you though :)

/jonas

tangiblevisual

Postby tangiblevisual » Wed May 16, 2018 2:02 am

Hi Grant,

I'm suffering the same problem. I've tried altering the ini file & setting permissions. I'm getting the same error "XML submission file write failed - skipping" Using MAx 2018 & Windows 7. RPManager 6.53

I've tried following the advice in this thread but with no luck. I've noticed in the c:/mytemp folder I created it has made a txt file makeXMLtemp.txt and a max file appears temporarily during submission.

I've taken ownership and full control of the MAx2018 folder and subdirectories, and the backburner folder too.

Cheers

Dan

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Wed May 16, 2018 12:13 pm

The 'XML submission file write failed' is triggered when it can't find the file it's trying to write - it writes it, looks for it for up to 10 seconds, and then gives up, that file you see is an intermediate file, it's the file that is generated from that that it can't write.

Have you tried starting 3dsmax using the 'run as administrator' RC option in explorer? Does it does do the same thing?

Also, you can try evaluating

RPMrendSubmit.LeaveSubmitFiles = true

in a maxscript window and next time you submit it won't delete the files, and will also print out the command it's trying to run, which you can then run in a cmd prompt (outside 3dsmax - the command will have a '@:' in the middle of it) which is an easier thing to troubleshoot.

Though try the run as administrator first.

cheers,
grant

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Wed May 16, 2018 10:04 pm

Hi

Just a follow up - Dan got back to me with the error produced by running the command via the command line, and it turned out to be a setting for file permissions in 3dsmax, as per this post:

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/3ds-max- ... -p/4268337

Turning on 'Save File Properties' in the 3dsmax Files Preferences can sort this particular issue out.

cheers,
grant

Return to “Bugs”