RPM 6.5 - 3ds Max Pathing Options wrong after migration from DL8 to DL10

carlown

RPM 6.5 - 3ds Max Pathing Options wrong after migration from DL8 to DL10

Postby carlown » Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:57 am

We used DL 8 and RPM 6.15 with Max2014 in the past - our DefaultSettings and StickySettings are distributed over Repository, but now with DL10/RPM 6.5 and Max2014/2018 we got the following problem:

- When opening an "old" projects, which has been created with DL8 - all the "3ds Max Pathing" have now the Thinkbox DefaultVallues like "Inlcude Render Eelemen Name in Path" is checked, instead of our internal value "unchecked"

When i create a new project from scratch with DL10 and reload that file, i don´t get this problem - so i think it depends on the old submitter settings from DL8 that won´t correctly updated with DL10.

I can prove that its not an UI-Issue, because 3dsmax creates folders for every elements on our network drive.

A Workaround which i use is to select all Passes of the "old" project and load/select the new Submission-Script via "Customize\Preferences\Network Manager" - after that the correct and old Settings are setted/recreated.

I have tried to delete all local settings of my "%AppData%" (see next), but thats useless.

%AppData%\3dsMax\2014 - 64bit\ENU\scripts:
- SubmitMaxToDeadline_Defaults.ini
- SubmitMaxToDeadline_StickySettings.ini

%AppData%\3dsMax\2014 - 64bit\ENU\en-US\plugcfg:
- SubmitMaxToDeadline.ini

Is there a kown bugfix or could i reload the submitter with an MaxScript Call?

thank you Dominik K. from ENOVA!
Attachments
RPM_DL10_Load_3dsMaxPathing_CORRECTED.jpg
after reload the Submitter for every max File/Pass the settings updated correctly
RPM_DL10_Load_3dsMaxPathing_CORRECTED.jpg (66.56 KiB) Viewed 2381 times
RPM_DL10_Load_3dsMaxPathing_WRONG.jpg
when opened an old project (created in the past with DL8 submitter) the 3ds max pathing settings are setted wrong
RPM_DL10_Load_3dsMaxPathing_WRONG.jpg (67.22 KiB) Viewed 2381 times
Last edited by carlown on Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

carlown

Re: RPM 6.5 - 3ds Max Pathing Options wrong after migration from DL8 to DL10

Postby carlown » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:11 am

After testing some things, i am a step further:

when i call the Function "RPMdata.RMrefresh()" via the MAXScript Listener, the selected pass gets updated well and the settings are now like in the past. the problem is, that i have to RMrefresh each single pass.

RPMdata.updateUI() - has no effect

Return to “Bugs”