[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5129: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5129: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
Support for Corona - RPManager Forum

Support for Corona

RPM_Butler

Support for Corona

Postby RPM_Butler » Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:50 pm

Hi Grant,

Is it a massive task to add support for Corona? currently trying corona out and it seems when trying to change pass information that 3DSMax crashes frequently. After years and years of RPM and VRay i'm not used to having so many crashes using RPM!

Corona has been out for so long I was surprised to see that RPM doesn't fully support it. We've wanted to trial Corona out for a while now, but if RPM isn't stable that might mean we switch to a different product to control our passes.

Cheers,

Andy.

admin
Site Admin

Re: Support for Corona

Postby admin » Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:42 am

Hi

I haven't heard of rpm crashing with corona - I know there are a few using rpm with it and some support has been added. What version of RPM are you using?

grant

RPM_Butler

Postby RPM_Butler » Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:57 am

Hi Grant,

Thanks for the reply. Using RPM 6.62 with max 2018.

Literally got some Corona Licences yesterday and started creating multiple passes for an animation using Corona as the renderer. I setup one pass, duplicated it multiple times and as I was going through each pass just changing the camera after 5 or 6 it would just crash. That kept happening so I had to save after each camera change to make sure I wasn't loosing too much.

Now this morning going through each pass one by one changing the Pass limit I'm getting the same thing.

I appreciate I've jumped straight in to blaming RPM here, but this has never been an issue with VRay. Plus the fact with Vray I could change a lot of settings for all passes in one go, which I think I'm right in saying I can't do with Corona.

It might be the way I am used to doing things with RPM and my methods need to change, but it's a bit frustrating.

Andy.

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Tue Dec 25, 2018 12:29 pm

Are you simply changing the settings, or also preview rendering?

Setting changes seem fine to me - but there does seem to be instability when previewing each pass as well, probably do to with multiple renderers: I'll likely need to apply the same technique I use with vray to reuse the one renderer.

Regarding how much work - supporting Corona would be part of a paid upgrade, which we haven't had since 2014 so maybe it's time anyway.

cheers,
grant

RPM_Butler

Postby RPM_Butler » Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:42 pm

Just simply changing settings on passes. I can change a certain amount of passes, 5 or 6 (but it does vary in amount) and then it crashes.

It seems to be any setting too. For instance unticking the VFB on one pass at a time. It allows me to make the change, but then when i click on the next pass it hangs for a few seconds and then just crashed out.

Andy.

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:16 am

Hi

Just an update - I have a WIP corona support version that I will try to post this weekend - I'm keen to see if it sorts out the crashing.

cheers,
grant

RPM_Butler

Postby RPM_Butler » Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:50 am

Hi Grant,

That sounds like excellent news! If this is something I can download and try that would be super.

How much of the features of Corona are now supported?

Many thanks,

Andy.

RPM_Butler

Postby RPM_Butler » Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:39 am

Return to “Questions”