Vray Next to Vray 5

dlparisi

Vray Next to Vray 5

Postby dlparisi » Tue Jul 20, 2021 3:59 pm

Is there any way to get the VFB adjustments from older scenes to apply to the new system used in Vray 5? i.e., what happens to all of the VFB data that's stored in each pass from VRay Next?

dlparisi

Re: Vray Next to Vray 5

Postby dlparisi » Sat Jul 09, 2022 3:02 pm

Bumping this to see if anyone has a clue how this might be possible. With Vray 6 now out I'd love to be able to transition over to 6 but unless I have access to all of the previous VFB adjustments from VRay Next I can't do. I regularly need to pull up older scenes and have them render exactly as before with the same exposure, white balance, lens effects, etc. as before. Is the ANY way to be able to access the older settings from each pass? Even if it's just a text file and I need to manually enter in the new VFB layers.

Thanks

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Mon Jul 11, 2022 11:48 pm

I haven't looked at vray 6 yet but is the layer data you can save out of the vfb compatible ie if you save layer data out of 5 does it load in 6?

If you are using the per-pass restore vray vfb option I can make a command to save each passes vfb setup out to a file that could then be loaded.

cheers,
grant

dlparisi

Postby dlparisi » Tue Jul 12, 2022 1:04 pm

Thanks Grant. I don't have access to 5 so I'm not sure if it's directly compatible with 6. Just to confirm though, I'm interested in getting the VFB data from Next into 5 or 6. It doesn't even have to be automatic, I just need to be able to at least see what the setting were (exposure, white balance, lens effects, etc) and I can enter them in manually in the new frame buffer. If I was to upgrade to 6 (or even 5) what would happen is that all of the previous VFB settings for each pass aren't accessible and I'm starting from scratch for each one. I realize that these probably still won't match 100% to the old renders but I'll at least know that the basic setup is the same.

dlparisi

Postby dlparisi » Fri Jul 29, 2022 11:52 pm

Any progress on this?

dlparisi

Postby dlparisi » Wed Nov 23, 2022 6:16 pm

Again, any info on this would be a huge help moving forward. I need to be able to access the old frame buffer adjustments to each pass from VRay Next, even if it's just a list of values that I'd need to apply to the new frame buffer system. Is there any way to access the stored VFB settings per pass (exposure, WB, etc) from older scenes?

Return to “Questions”