[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5129: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5129: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
Failed to connect to manager (with multiple pass submissions) - RPManager Forum

Failed to connect to manager (with multiple pass submissions)

Nick Jensen

Failed to connect to manager (with multiple pass submissions)

Postby Nick Jensen » Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:45 am

Hola,

We're experiencing a pretty consistent problem, when sumbitting multiple passes (see image).
If we're only submitting one pass, we're fine - but as soon as we're submitting several passes, it will submit the first pass, and then just keep returning a "failed to connect to manager" more or less infinetely.
The problem has occured randomly since last x-mas where all computers in the office got a fresh win10 install, though though only a few scenes or computers produced this error - but after a fresh install of MAX2019, Vray and RPM 7, it is pretty much all computers (all tested for now anyways) so I cannot rule out that it is a network/user rights problem, but I am running out of ideas (not being a full blown sys admin).

All manager/server info is correct upon submission.
- we have previously been able to fix it, by opening the max render setup, submitting to network rendering, and then typing in the manager address, connecting, and then cancelling, then resubmitting from RPM works as it should. This approach no longer works.
- for some reason when this happens, the manager address always shows up as 255.255.255.0 in the max network render setup, and automatic search is enabled - even if specified otherwise in RPM - as if RPM and Max are not agreeing on who's in charge.

We tried a fresh RPM install, wiping all existing user data and starting from scratch, but nothing changed.

Any ideas on this?

Submission error.JPG
Submission error.JPG (112.42 KiB) Viewed 8131 times

admin
Site Admin

Re: Failed to connect to manager (with multiple pass submissions)

Postby admin » Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:05 pm

Can you confirm which RPM version you are using?

thanks,
grant

Nick Jensen

Postby Nick Jensen » Fri Sep 04, 2020 5:56 am

Absolutely - it's 7.07. They've all been installed within the last two weeks, as I remember.
- but we did already have the issue occur randomly with the 6.721 build, but this we could "fix" with the method described in my initial post.
I do suspect that it's an issue with our setup somehow, but any input would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
/Nick

raistlin

Postby raistlin » Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:46 am

Hi Grant!

I've got the same problem here...
Can you explain how i can fix it please? It's reallin annoying and time consumming to launch everything one by one...

I've got the very last RPM version available here, 3dsmax 2021, Vray 3.7 (yes...)

I hope a solution really quickly, too much problem between MAx/ Windows/Vray/RPM it's too much for my brain this days..

Cheers

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Fri Sep 04, 2020 3:13 pm

Hi

Can you try this version:

http://www.rpmanager.com/installers/RPM ... p_7.09.exe

I could repro here and this fix sorts it out for me.

thanks,
grant

Nick Jensen

Postby Nick Jensen » Mon Sep 07, 2020 7:26 am

Works like a charm, it seems. It does report a disconnect from manager after each pass, but just one, and it submits and pickes up the next as it should. I'd say job done. Thanks, Grant.

- I wasn't allowed to insert an image for some reason, but nevermind. It works :)

Cheers,
/Nick

raistlin

Postby raistlin » Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:37 pm

And it's Work here too !
Really good!

Thanks a lot for that really quick answer!
Cheers!

olly

Postby olly » Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:55 pm

This fix worked for me also, but now occasionally when net subbing a bunch of checked passes only the first one is submitted.

When this happens the "RPManager Submission Feedback" window closes itself so you cannot see if there were any errors!

Anyone else getting this or have any ideas?

Cheers,
Olly

Nick Jensen

Postby Nick Jensen » Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:13 am

Olly - the only thing I can recall that reminds a bit of your bug, was when we did not have proper read/write access to the RPman folder under 3dsmax/scripts - and RPMan could'nt write data back to the folder (this includes the RPManager.ini file). This would cause the submission dialogue to disapper or not appear at all - or at least I think it was what was causing it. It was some years back - and I am old... and forgetful...

/Nick

olly

Postby olly » Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:01 am

Thanks Nick.
Yes, we have had that in the past, but now ensure "everyone" has read/write access to Plugins & Scripts folder.

@Grant
I just wanted to clarify that this only seems to happen when using Net Submit Checked.
So far selecting multiple passes and Net submit selected, works as expected each time.
Any ideas?

Cheers,
Olly

Return to “Bugs”